Before deploying to production or any remote server, you need to follow all the steps outlined in the documentation.
Much of the work below needs to be done externally, not in the Makerkit codebase.
Generally, you will need to:
- Firebase: Create a new Firebase project (database, storage bucket, getting the private keys)
- Security Rules: Update the remote security rules (both Firestore and Storage)
- Environment Variables: Ensure that your environment variables are set correctly, and that you've added the relevant environment variables to your hosting provider
- Auth: Enable the authentication providers you want to use from the Firebase Console
- Indexes: Update all the Firestore indexes required by your application in the Firebase Console
- SMTP: Set up an SMTP server to send emails by adding the required configuration to
- Payments: Set up your Stripe or Lemon Squeezy accounts and add the relevant environment variables
- Deployment: Finally, deploy your application to your hosting provider (Vercel, Firebase, Netlify, etc.): please follow the instructions provided by your hosting provider to deploy a Next.js application.