The starter project comes with two different environment variables files:
- .env: the main environment file
- .env.development: the development environment file (used when running the project locally in development mode)
- .env.production: the production environment file (used when deploying or running the build command)
- .env.local: this environment file is loaded when running the project locally. It won't be committed to Git. Useful for adding secrets that you don't want to commit to Git.
- .env.test: this environment file is loaded when running the Cypress E2E tests. You would rarely need to use this.
The default environment variables for the production environment are:
NEXT_PUBLIC_SITE_URL= ENVIRONMENT=production # SUPABASE NEXT_PUBLIC_SUPABASE_URL= NEXT_PUBLIC_SUPABASE_ANON_KEY= NEXT_PUBLIC_REQUIRE_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION=true # SERCET KEY TO SIGN SECRETS. REPLACE THE BELOW WITH A RANDOM AND COMPLEX STRING. KEEPT IT SAFE. SECRET_KEY= # STRIPE STRIPE_WEBHOOK_SECRET= STRIPE_SECRET_KEY=