A quick retrospective on 2022
2022 has been particularly busy: I released two kits based on Next.js/Remix and Firebase, and am about to release a third based on Remix and Supabase. Additionally, I wrote over 60 blog posts for this website and dozens of documentation pages for the kits.
While it started out as a side project mostly for fun, Makerkit is now used by over 60 customers, many of which I support directly: I cannot thank you enough for your support and feedback.
A plan for 2023
Next year, I have fairly big plans for Makerkit.
From a product perspective, I plan to focus on the following:
- Upgrading the Next.js kit to the app directory: this is a big change, but will make the kit even better and faster
- More kits: I plan to release a kit based on Next.js/Remix and Supabase. After having completed the combos Next.js/Remix/Firebase/Supabase, I want to release kits for other technologies, such as React Native and a Shopify App Kit.
- Shopify Storefront: Once Shopify Hydrogen is ready, I'd like to release an eCommerce template for storefronts. Since I'm familiar with Remix these days, I'm hoping it to be super fun.
- More blog posts: I plan to write more blog posts about the kits, and the technologies I use. I feel like the greatest value I can provide is by sharing my knowledge and experience with others, which alongside the kit, can help you build your own products.
- More documentation: I plan to write more documentation for the kits. Too many kits often assume that you know how to use the technologies they're built on, which is not always the case. I want to make sure that the kits are accessible to everyone, and that you can build your own products with them.
I've been thinking about releasing a few courses on Makerkit or building a SaaS in general, but I'm not sure where to start.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
A micro SaaS?
Of course, I'd also love to release a few micro SaaS so that I can validate the kits and ensure I dogfood every template I build: this is the only way I can ensure that the kits are the best possible products they can be.
What about you? What are your plans for 2023?
Send me a message on Twitter or Discord, I'd love to hear from you! 😊